How Much Will Your Vehicle Wrap Cost You?
This is a question we are asked every day. It’s not necessarily an easy answer. We have the one that nobody likes to hear, “It depends on a whole bunch of things.” If you keep reading this helpful post, you will benefit from some insights into how vehicle wrap costs are calculated and the answer that is right for your specific vehicle wrap project.
Vehicle Wrap Cost – The Breakdown
There are a lot of differences in design, types of vehicles, materials requirements and complexity of installations, but the basic building blocks for a vehicle wrap always remain the same. Read on and you will learn why it’s important to watch out for vehicle wrap companies that can beat everyone’s price. Do they have the same quality? Are they using the same materials? Are they a 3M Certified Graphics Installation Company? If they are not asking you about your customers, asking for high-quality artwork, wanting to get measurements of your vehicle and photos if the vehicle cannot be brought in.
At Monarch Media Designs, we always take a handful of things into account when calculating the cost of your vehicle wrap.
Design, Production and Installation
The vehicle wrap design is one of the most essential parts of the process. We cost out this step separately because complexity and factors influencing designs can vary significantly. Additionally, knowing the final design is necessary to determine the price of a particular wrap. These are a few of the factors that influence the cost of the design.
- Single color wraps with cut vinyl accents or custom printed wraps
- Logos, information and imagery that require careful design and planning to a particular vehicle
- Clearly articulated vision, goals and requirements for finished vehicle wrap
- Client provided artwork (whether the client provides high-quality usable images)
- Designing from scratch (often ends up in more time spent)
Production costs involve the cost of the specific materials required for the wrap and the labor involved in printing, laminating, and cutting the vinyl. At Monarch, we only use brand name vinyls, specifically 3M. We do not cut corners using private label or discounted materials. By using brand name vinyls we can stand behind the quality and pass the manufacturers warranty on to you. IMPORTANT – not all brand name vinyls meet vehicle wrap standards. Be sure your wrap company is not only using a brand name vinyl but a premium CAST long term vinyl designed specifically for vehicle wraps.
- Specialty vs standard branded vehicle wrap materials
- Length of time the wrap is intended to stay on the vehicle. Short term promotional materials vs long term graphics and wraps
- Square footage of the area to be printed and/or installed.
- Laminating (For a long lasting wrap we always recommend laminating your wrap to protect your digital print from scratching, abrasion, or fading. On rare occasions we make exceptions for short term applications or specialty vinyls that do not require lamination)
- Windows that need to be covered with perforated window film – set up, printing and laminating
Installation costs will vary by type of vehicle. For example, a small vehicle with complex curves like a PT Cruiser, Mini Cooper or Volkswagen Beetle can require significantly more time for installation than a large box truck or trailer with large flat surfaces. Listed below are some of the items we take into account when estimating installation charges.
- Total square footage of the area to be wrapped.
- The paint and surface conditions that the wrap material will be applied to. Estimates also take into account rivets, screws, corrugations, and accessories like door handles. spoilers or trim that need removing and re-installing.
- The complexity of the compound curves to be wrapped. A flat surface is a much different application than the spoiler and bumper of a car.
- Windows that need to be covered with perforated window film
- Bumpers and side mirrors
- Complete color change wraps
Including the design, it’s typical to see the fabrication and installation of full vehicle wraps can have varying prices depending upon the factors listed above.
A Full Vehicle Wrap is Not Your Only Option
Keep in mind, a full wrap isn’t always necessary to accomplish what you’re trying to do with vehicle advertising. Partial vehicle wraps can be a great option to consider. Partial wraps often include the sides or the sides and back of a vehicle. Partial wraps can still be extremely effective from a visual and marketing perspective. You can also consider full color cut decals and cut vinyl lettering. The goals should be to get your vehicle advertising working for you – we’ll help you work within your budget!
Be careful if you find yourself considering price above quality. The more you look the more likely you will find companies willing to do your wrap for less than market rates. Ultimately, you get what you pay for, with a wrap that may start to peel or scratch or fade within a year of application. Off brand or private label materials may save you (or the wrap company) money, but it will cost you in the end. Either in the cost for replacement or harm to your reputation by show casing your brand in a less than optimal way. The best wrap providers will warranty their wraps when using genuine 3M wrap materials. With regular maintenance of your wrap, a quality vehicle wrap can last 5+ years
Ready to get specific about your wrap project? Stop into our shop today, or fill out our contact form.
Monarch Media Designs – Vehicle WRAP AND VEHICLE GRAPHIC SPECIALISTS
Monarch is your #1 Choice in the Madison Area for Vehicle Graphics, Vehicle Wraps, Signs, Banners, and Business Identity Products. Top-Notch Design, Print, Production, and Installation Services since 2000. Trusted by 1000’s of local and national companies. A 3M Certified Graphics Installation Company since 2013.
Specializing In: Fleet Wraps, Car Wraps, Truck Wraps, Box Truck Wraps, Van Wraps, SUV Wraps, Oversized Vehicle Wraps, Trailer Wraps, Motorcycle Wraps, Specialty Vehicle Wraps, Race Car Wraps, Emergency Vehicle Wraps, Color Change Wraps and more!
Monarch Media Designs
1585 Greenway Cross
Madison, WI 53713